I get asked quite often what vitamins I take on a regular basis. Here is the answer:
First, remember that no amount of vitamins or supplements is a substitute for a diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables with the nutrients and anti-oxidants your body needs to stay healthy. Now, here is what I do in addition to that:*
- A multivitamin. This gives me the B vitamins I need to deal with stress and help prevent disease.*
- Vitamin C. I prefer it in the form of an Ester-C or Ascorbate instead of ascorbic acid. I also prefer my vitamin C to have bioflavanoids in it. The one I usually take is Adrenal C Formula.
- Vitamin D3 50000 IU weekly.
- A probiotic or a prebiotic. Since you have 100 trillion bacteria in your digestive system, you need a large amount of viable probiotic to make a difference in the intestine. I recommend a high quality supplement of at least 20-40 billion acid-resistant organisms per day. Not everyone needs a probiotic, but I know I do better with one. I do recommend everyone consume lots of veggies and a prebiotic everyday to encourage the growth of good bacteria.
- Fish Oil- I take a certified mercury-free supplement once or twice a day. Fish oil contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which are anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. It boosts mood and helps with my dry eyes. I prefer an enhanced monoglyceride fish oil. This allows me to get my 2-3 grams of Omega-3 (not fish oil, but Omega 3) in one capsule. Contact me if you would like to purchase a similar product. For more information on finding out how much Omega-3, read my blog post about it here.*
*disclaimer: RESULTS MAY VARY DEPENDING UPON STARTING POINT, GOALS, AND EFFORT.
THE STATEMENTS ON THIS SITE HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
Provided by: TetonSage 1066 N Yellowstone Highway, Rexburg, ID 83440